Biologist Resume Sample
100 Home Street • Somewhere, NY 00000
555.555.5555 • Username@Email.com
2017 Buffalo State College Buffalo, NY
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Adept at lab setup and maintenance. Proficient in recording and maintaining accurate records of procedures and test results.
- Specialist in performing mammalian cell cultures and sample preparation for HPLC.
- Trained and experienced in IHC guidelines, microtome, embedding, and the use of multiple microtomes including cry microtomes and ultra-microtomes.
- Experienced in BSL 1 and 2 environments. Skilled in use of autoclaves, biolyzers, and microscopes (compound, electron, stereo/dissection and X-ray).
2014-Present Erie County Fisheries Office Buffalo, NY
- Created encrypted, Excel-based database for compiling lab results of fish necropsies providing fishery staff with secure 24/7 access to test results.
- Performed lab & in field necropsies of fish and other marine life within Erie County. Collaborated with State DEC to control disease outbreaks amongst freshwater systems throughout county.
- Trained new hires in use of lab technology and county’s lab protocol.
2013-2014 Buffalo State College Buffalo, NY
- Served as teaching assistant for BIO 111 lab classes; supervised students during lab exercises and managed set up of samples for faculty lab analyses.
- Coordinated with professor to organize study groups and review sessions in preparation for exams, quizzes and lab practicums.
MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word; BioKM; BioVis3D; ImStar