Sales Associate Resume Sample
The average job receives hundreds of resumes for a single opening—so it’s up to you to grab the reader’s attention from the start! Review our sales associate resume sample below for suggested sections, key traits, and general inspiration. Remember that the example below is meant as a guide only. Your resume needs to reflect your value-add for the specific role to which you’re applying. Use a format that speaks to you, and include your unique academic and professional achievements.
100 Home Street • Somewhere, NY 00000
555.555.5555 • Username@Email.com
Buffalo Community College, Buffalo, NY
Associate’s, Business Administration, May 2018
Outgoing and results-driven sales associate, with degree in business administration, seeks customer service role. Skilled in building long-term relationships and resolving customer issues led to 95% customer satisfaction rating and 36% increase in sales during first year at previous position.
Stellar Call Center, Buffalo, NY
Assistant Manager, Customer Service Desk, June 2018–Present
- Coached team members through customer complaints, focusing on attitude and impact, leading to 95% customer satisfaction rating throughout department.
- Developed Excel-based database for documenting customer concerns, decreasing response time for service and product complaints.
- Decreased response time led to increased sales by 36%.
Hometown Market, Buffalo, NY
Sales Associate, Summers 2015–2017
- Cultivated strong customer relationships through cheerful, efficient service in high-volume, fast-paced retail environment.
- Motivated fellow sales associates to work more efficiently through implementing store-wide incentives for sales, leading to 4% growth for in-store sales in August 2017.
- Trained staff in use of Excel and social media for managing sales records and marketing new merchandise.
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Access, QuickBooks, and primary social media platforms.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- Win with Us, Volunteer Tutor
Buffalo, NY, December 2017–May 2018
Tutored 8 students both individually and in small groups in mathematics; more than half achieved an “A” in mathematics, and all students passed.