Social Worker Resume Sample
100 Home Street • Somewhere, NY 00000
555.555.5555 • Username@Email.com
2017 (Anticipated) Buffalo State College Buffalo, NY
Bachelor’s, Social Work & Psychology
2015 Buffalo Community College Buffalo, NY
Associate’s, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Counseling
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate-level Substance Abuse Counselor with CASAC-T Certification. Additional certifications in Child Abuse & Maltreatment, Tobacco and Chemical Dependence Interventions, First Aid (2014) and CPR (2013).
- Proficient in patient advocacy and assessment. Skilled at coordinating patient treatment and healthcare needs with staff, medical facilities and families.
- Adept at crisis intervention counseling as well as individual and group counseling. Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Accomplished at facilitating communications between patients, physicians, and discharge planners. Trained in/knowledgeable of HIPAA regulations.
PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
2014-Present All-Care Nursing Facility Buffalo, NY
Direct Care Aide
- Created Excel-based database to better manage intake, treatment and discharge records, which provided physicians with an encrypted 24/7 online access to patient records.
- Conduct assessments, plan & implement facility’s drug-prevention outreach programs, counsel patients battling alcoholism, and connect patients with open AA or NA meetings.
2013-2014 Erie County Retirement Facility Lancaster, NY
- Conduct assessments, plan & implement drug-free activities, and refer patients to NA or AA meetings.
- Coordinate with staff and support services to address patients’ healthcare needs.
- Facilitate the securing of proper housing for patients; provide patients referrals to appropriate social services for financial assistance.