Social Media InternDark Chefs
Communications & PRA&A Marketing Group
Web Content Editor InternNew LifeStyles
Web Copywriting InternshipJulie Braun Co.
GRANT WRITER INTERNCleveland Minority Organ Tissue Transplant Education Program (MOTTEP)
Communications InternSt. Paul Lutheran Church
Event CoordinatorShare For Life Foundation, Inc.
Student Brand Ambassador ��� Photo Sharing iPhone AppNew iPhone Application
Experienced Commmunications InternBookmark This
1031 33rd Street
Posted: May 28 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Chinook Fund is Colorado’s community foundation supporting grassroots groups leading the movement for equality, economic justice and peace. By inspiring donors to give and awarding grants for grassroots organizing and activism, Chinook Fund is building a community of progressive leaders in a movement to achieve lasting social change.
Local social justice stories are woefully underreported by mainstream media. Chinook Fund has begun to play a greater role in gathering and framing these stories, and making them heard through our own and external media outlets. Our goal is to be an ever-stronger voice for the deep social change work that our philanthropic organizing and fundraising make possible.
The Communications Intern will support these efforts. The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact for a donor audience of the power of grassroots activism.
Chinook Fund is firmly committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, elderly and disabled candidates to apply. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows to only respond to those best qualified for the position.
Responsibilities• Implement Chinook’s strategic communications vision, positioning and framing;
• Deliver timely and strategic communications to build Fund’s visibility through print, social media, online and multimedia platforms;
• Continue development of, and manage a dynamic website with compelling stories to attract a diverse audience of progressive people with means;
• thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
• using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
• working with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD);
• proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
• contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
• demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
• working on layouts and artworking pages ready for print;
• keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
• developing interactive design;
Requirements• Strong leadership and vision for a compelling communications strategy, which supports the diverse development strategies of a fundraising organization;
• Good visual design sense and ability to maintain brand consistency;
• Able to meet deadlines, manage a project with many moving parts and sweat the details.