Business Database InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Business Development ManagerUHS Universal Health Services, Inc.
INTERNSHIP/VACATION IN UGANDA, EAST AFRICAWOCAD UGANDA
Growth Project Managerhndrd
Community Engagement InternAmerican Lung Association of the Northeast
DEVELOPMENT INTERNCleveland Minority Organ Tissue Transplant Education Program (MOTTEP)
Web DeveloperCorsair's Ventures
Development InternChica Project
Event Planning and Development InternBookmark This
American Lung Association
527 Plymouth Road, Suite 415
Plymouth Meeting, PA
Posted: June 17 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Lung Association (ALA) is the oldest voluntary health organization in the United States, with a National Office and constituent and affiliate associations around the country. Founded in 1904 to fight tuberculosis, ALA today fights lung disease in all its forms, with special emphasis on asthma, tobacco control and environmental health. ALA is funded by contributions from the public, along with gifts and grants from corporations, foundations and government agencies. ALA achieves its many successes through the work of thousands of committed volunteers and staff.
The Event Planning and Development Intern will work with development staff to plan, promote and garner support for fundraising events. This position will provide real-world experience in event planning, fundraising and day-to-day operations in nonprofits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with fundraising, planning and logistics for upcoming programs and events including the 2015 Fight for Air Climb and the 2015 LUNG FORCE Walk & Expo
• Assist in marketing efforts to promote events
• Aid in the recruitment and management of volunteers
• Soliciting in-kind donations for the events
• Draft and send communication to volunteers and attendees before and after events
• Contact and establish relationships with sponsors and supporters
• Volunteer recruitment and management
• Database management
• General office work including attending staff and/or committee meetings and taking part in the organization’s decision making process
• Assist in planning for Asthma Camp
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Madeline Zamost - firstname.lastname@example.org