Sample Internship Descriptions
Are you ready to start your internship program, but uncertain how to write an effective intern job description? Learn the basics and view high-quality sample intern job descriptions here. These are meant to provide you with ideas for your internship listings. You are welcome to post any type of internship on this website; these are just a few examples to get you started.
What information should an intern job description include?
A typical intern job description should mention:
- A brief description of your company
- Intern duties and responsibilities
- Requirements and qualifications
- Benefits of the internship (e.g. compensation, if applicable)
- Schedule and duration
- Any additional information about application procedures
Remember that you want to “sell” prospective interns on the position. Use positive, exciting language and emphasize the benefits your company has to offer.
Now that you know the basics, click through the sample intern job descriptions below. Use these samples as templates, then customize them to fit your company and the internship position you’re offering.