Software Engineering Intern Job Description
Use the software engineering internship description sample below as a template. After customizing the template to fit your company, post the position on Internships.com to start attracting top candidates.
Internship job descriptions should include location, responsibilities, requirements and qualifications, benefits of the internship (including compensation), schedule and duration, and any additional information about application procedures.
Company seeks an intern with experience in software design, coding and debugging. The intern will gain exciting real-world software engineering experience at a thriving company.
We frequently work in small teams to solve problems, explore new technologies, and learn from one another. The ideal intern for this environment will be enthusiastic and collaborative.
- Document and test new software applications
- Assess new application ideas
- Research competitor offerings
- Develop applications (coding, programming)
- Interview beta testers
- Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, or Mathematics major
- Excellent analytical and mathematics skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Experience programming in C, C++, or Java
- Practical experience with a wide variety of software engineering tasks
- Collaborating hand-in-hand with skilled teams of software engineers
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
Want to see another type of internship description we don't have here? Tell us what kind we should add.