Graphic Design Intern Job Description
Use the graphic design intern job description sample below as a template. After customizing the template to fit your company, post the listing
on Internships.com to start attracting top candidates.
Internship job descriptions should include location, responsibilities, requirements and qualifications, benefits of the internship (including compensation), schedule and duration, and any additional information about application procedures.
Are you a student interested in building real-world graphic design experience with an award-winning team? We’re a forward-thinking advertising agency looking for a talented and knowledgeable designer with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail.
Come work for one of the area’s leading advertising agencies and learn from some of the best in the business.
Our office is located in downtown [City Name], just a few minutes walk from public transportation. For those unable to commute or located out of state, we also offer the option to work remotely, providing you have a stable internet connection and can work within the [City Name] time zone.
Schedule and Duration
This is a [full-time/part-time] internship expected to last [number of months], starting in [month]. Interns are expected to work for [number of hours] per week, with flexibility provided to accommodate academic commitments. Specific work schedules will be discussed and finalized during the hiring process.
Graphic Design Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Graphic Design Manager to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the Creative Director and Graphic Design Manager and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
- Graphic Design major preferred
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
- Work on a wide range of graphic design projects
- Receive guidance and feedback from successful graphic design and ad agency professionals
- Attend weekly meetings and participate in networking events
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
At [Company Name], we believe in fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment. We encourage creativity and innovation, and we value the unique perspectives and contributions that each team member brings. Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with our experienced staff, attend team meetings, and participate in networking events. We hope to provide not just an internship, but an experience that will equip you with valuable skills for your future career in graphic design.
Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to [email address] no later than [application deadline date]. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the deadline to arrange an initial interview. The interview will be followed by a practical task where candidates will be asked to demonstrate their design skills.
Post an internship now – log in, register and get started
Want to see another type of internship description we don't have here? Tell us what kind we should add