Public Relations Intern Job Description
Use the public relations internship description sample below as a template. After customizing the template to fit your company, post the position on Internships.com to start attracting top candidates.
Internship job descriptions should include location, responsibilities, requirements and qualifications, benefits of the internship (including compensation), schedule and duration, and any additional information about application procedures.
Company, a small and fast-paced public relations firm, is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn the field from top to bottom and will complete this program ready to enter any public relations firm with excellent skills.
It's essential that applicants to this position have strong communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
- Write press releases and other materials
- Screen phone calls
- Assist with mailings and print production
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for press clippings
- Create or update databases
- Greet guests and clients
- Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism major
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of social media
- Writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Practical public relations experience working directly with clients
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with skilled public relations professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available