Sales Intern Job Description
Use the sales intern job description sample below as a template. After customizing the template to fit your company, post the listing
on Internships.com to start attracting top candidates.
Internship job descriptions should include location, responsibilities, requirements and qualifications, benefits of the internship (including compensation), schedule and duration, and any additional information about application procedures.
Innovative XYZ company, a leader in [industry], is seeking a dynamic sales intern to join our diverse team. Our mission is [describe mission]. We pride ourselves on our energetic, creative team and our commitment to professional growth and development. This internship position is located in [City, State, or specify if remote], and will last for [duration] with an expected schedule of [full/part time].
As a sales intern, you'll be assisting at various stages of the sales funnel, including creating awareness of new offerings, generating leads, and retaining customers. The role provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects under the guidance of a mentor and experienced team members.
Sales Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and generate lists of potential customers
- Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature
- Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts
- Assist in evaluating new sponsorship opportunities
- Learn and apply sales techniques
- Maintain sales records
- Sales, Advertising, Marketing, or Business major
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the sales funnel
- Collaborate with experienced sales professionals
- Work closely with a mentor who has over 20 years of experience in the field
- Attend meetings, events, and other networking opportunities
- Compensation available
XYZ company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to [email address] by [application deadline].
If you have further queries about this role, please contact us at [contact information].
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring whether XYZ could be a good fit for your professional journey!
Post an internship now – log in, register and get started
Want to see another type of internship description we don't have here? Tell us what kind we should add