Social Media Marketing & Blog AuthorBriana Linea Fashions
Assistant StylistKrasa Innovation and Design Private Limited
UNPAID FASHION INTERN NEEDED ASAPOnly Hearts
Field Marketing PersonHappy The Tailor
Fashion PhotographerFlare Style Group
Graphic/ Web DesignerFlare Style Group
Social Media/Web ManagerFlare Style Group
Blogger/WriterFlare Style Group
Retail & Visual Merchandising InternBookmark This
MDG salon | studio
355 Indiana Ave.
Posted: August 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn established, high-end salon organization in Indianapolis (with two locations), seeks a forward-thinking and fashion-forward Visual Merchandising or Fashion Merchandising student. Organizational skills and a spirit for creating focus on “all things” retail is a must. School credit is preferred but not required.
• Learning all of the lines represented by the salon
• Learning inventory systems. Possibly making recommendations on how to better the existing system
• Creating visual concepts to draw attention to the retail area
• Developing a plan for focus during the holiday season
• Creating sales and “staff focus” of certain brands by understanding current inventories
• Lead initiatives in weekly re-merchandising and reorganizing of the retail space
• Developing short-term and long-term goals for the position
• Assisting in the development of training modules that could potentially be used for new hires
RequirementsThe ideal candidate is a quick learner and should be confortable learning about products and cultural differences between product lines. Candidate should be willing to become an “expert” in not only the lines themselves but also what components, from a visual angle, are needed to draw attention to the retail space. Lastly, the candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented and driven.
Ideally, the intern should be available 2 – 3 days a week. Specific days are not required but evenings or “off-days” (Sundays/Mondays) are preferable as the business is largely closed to traffic.