Summer Finance Internships
Are you looking for finance internships in New York, NY? The financial services industry is made up of businesses that manage money—and a lot of it. Financial internships are concentrated in financial centers such as New York City, Los Angeles, London, and Tokyo.
Landing a finance internship in New York is a great way to learn more about roles such as asset management or financial analyst positions. These positions will allow you to learn a great deal about the industry and help determine which types of finance positions interest you.
Finance interns typically have an aptitude for mathematics; can interpret what the accounts say; and love number crunching, especially using tools like Excel. A finance internship in New York will give you insight into business dealings on various scales, from small businesses to large corporations.
Working at a New York finance firm can also help you obtaining securities licenses such as the Series 7. The exams can be challenging and require significant preparation. Certain financial careers may also require that you pass additional exams to advance your career.
For example, if you want to advance from an analyst position to a hedge fund, mutual, or portfolio manager, you’ll likely need to pass the Series 16 supervisory analyst exam and the Chartered Financial Analyst Exam.
What can you expect as a summer finance intern in New York City and beyond?
If you seek a high-powered internship to prepare yourself for the professional workforce, look no further than the Big Apple. New York City is the center of economics and culture in the U.S. Students in New York have the opportunity to gain employment at several major finance companies, such as American Express and Citigroup.
You’ll learn about a company’s culture, the industry, and various job roles. You’ll also develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you some day. You’ll go through training, get feedback on your performance, and get career advice. During your New York finance internship, be sure to take the opportunity to build your communication skills and get familiar with common office software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Choosing a NYC internship begins with studying the cost of living and available job opportunities. NYC is the dream location for landing a finance internship, but you will have to account for the high rent prices. Even with a high internship income allowance, your rent price anywhere in the city will constitute a huge chunk of your monthly budget. Explore opportunities with private companies and nonprofits and discover why people love New York City.
Ready to get started? Find your New York finance internship below.
Search For Finance Internships In New York City
MORE 2017 INTERNSHIPS IN NEW YORK, NY
- Marketing Internships in New York, NY
- Media Internships in New York, NY
- Social Media Internships in New York, NY
- Communication Internships in New York, NY
- Business Internships in New York, NY
- Management Internships in New York, NY
- Research Internships in New York, NY
- Paid Internships in New York, NY
- Development Internships in New York, NY
- Design Internships in New York, NY
- Sales Internships in New York, NY
- Fashion Internships in New York, NY
- Writing Internships in New York, NY
- Production Internships in New York, NY
- Technology Internships in New York, NY
- Advertising Internships in New York, NY
- Student Internships in New York, NY
- Software Internships in New York, NY
- Public Relations Internships in New York, NY
- Education Internships in New York, NY