Graphic DesignerForeign Envy
Graphic/Fashion DesignerIn The Limelight
Graphic Design InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Graphic Design InternHuniie
Graphic Design InternPurchaseBlack
Graphic Design For FALL InternshipWedding Story Writer
Graphic Design - Fashion IndustryMeripex Apparel
Graphic Design InternKanga Care
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
Sona Art, Inc.
Posted: July 08 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLos Angeles Artist Seeks Interns (WLA/ Weho)
compensation: unpaid- internship
Sona Mirzaei Art, Inc. is an LA based artist and looking for interns who want to gain experience in and about the art world. She is a contemporary international artist who specializes in large scale abstract, gestural, conceptual, graffiti, figurative paintings, pop art, public art, 3dimensional designs, oil works, and mixed media.
We are currently looking to fill a couple art positions. These positions are ideal for those who wish to gain work experience in an active, contemporary art arena. Applicants should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, possess public relations skills, and must have a demonstrated interest and/or background in contemporary art. Interns will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of art business, gallery administration and get quality hands-on experience, training, and exposure to the Los Angeles art world and beyond.
Intern Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Assisting staff with daily administrative duties.
- Research on art markets.
- Preparing canvases.
- Cleaning art supplies.
_ Art knowledge and possessed serious interest in art overall.
- General office work (answering phones, filing, organizing).
- Assisting in exhibition openings and special events.
- Office/ Studio maintenance.
- Art packaging and handling.
- Assisting in installation and de-installation of exhibitions.
- Maintain the art business /gallery's artist database.
- Running errands.
- Must be available at least 1 full day a week (10am-6pm)
- Must be intelligent, enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must have experience with Mac OS and Microsoft Office suite.
- Art History/Fine Art, Graphic Art, Design, Business/Marketing/PR backgrounds preferred. (Bachelor's Degree preferred, but current students are also welcome.)
- Previous gallery experience is a plus.
Although this internship is unpaid you will be able to gain hands on experience working in a professional artist/ design/ gallery environment. We provide college credit where applicable.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - Attn: Rachael - IN PDF FORM. Write "INTERN" in the subject line to be considered.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback