Assistants to Exec of Health and Wellness OrganizationIntelligent Life LLC
Personal TrainerCamp FIt TV
Personal TrainerAnytime Fitness
Company seeking an intern for Health & Wellness BoutiqueDanielle Davis Public Relations
Wellness InternSouth Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice
Social Media & Community Management InternCrohnsColitisLifestyle
Personal Training IntershipRockWell Fitness
Exercise/Fitness Plan CoordinatorWeTrain
Health Awareness & Prevention Outreach Intern (Work Study)Bookmark This
600 Washington Ave, Suite 18U-A
Posted: August 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBPSOS-Delaware Valley seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individual who will join our Health Awareness & Prevention Program Team. This position will be based out of our South Jersey office in Pennsauken, NJ and/or the Philadelphia Office in Philadelphia, PA of the BPSOS-Delaware Valley Branch.
Boat People SOS, Inc. (BPSOS) is a national Vietnamese-American community-based organization with 30 years of service. Our mission is to empower, equip and organize Vietnamese-American individuals and communities in their pursuit of liberty and dignity. Our local branch provides programs and services are in the areas of community development, immigration and translation services, health programming, youth programming, and workforce readiness programming.
The HAPP Outreach Intern will develop the project in partnership with the Health Awareness and Promotion Project Coordinator. This position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to some work nights and weekends.
For college students, this position qualifies for work study.
IF INTERESTED, please send resume and cover to email@example.com for Philadelphia positions or firstname.lastname@example.org for South Jersey positions.
Responsibilities1. Support in health outreach and education activities throughout the year.
2. Gather and collect pre-/post-surveys to identify changes in behavior and health for Vietnamese youth and seniors who participate in program
3. Assist in the implementation of health workshops for Vietnamese seniors
4. Support the HAPP Project Coordinator in implementing monthly screenings for Vietnamese women and men
5. Translation of brochures, flyers and pamphlets of information as needed.
Requirements1. Must have experience in working with immigrant communities and/or high needs communities.
2. Excellent organization skills;
3. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
4. Highly-developed interpersonal abilities;
5. Flexible work schedule (some nights and weekends required);
6. Bilingual in Vietnamese/English;
7. Access to transportation preferred;
8. PC computer literacy, proficient in Word, Excel and Internet usage.