Marketing Department Intern (Fall Semester)The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
Web Marketing InternThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association
Marketing InternN.Liten Services
Special Events InternshipImperial Executives
Client Relations AssociateSynergy Management
Marketing Agency ManagerHedge Quote
Paid Management Internship – Entry LevelGrisham and Gaines
Alzheimer's Association InternshipBookmark This
207 N. Boone St, Suite 1500
Johnson City, TN
Posted: June 09 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. Founded in 1980 by a group of family caregivers and individuals interested in research, the association includes a headquarters in Chicago, a public policy office in Washington, D.C., and a presence in communities across the country.
Currently, at least 44 million people worldwide are living with dementia. In the United States alone, more than 5 million have Alzheimer’s, and over 15 million are serving as their caregivers. The Alzheimer’s Association addresses this global epidemic by providing education and support to the millions who face dementia every day, while advancing critical research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
ResponsibilitiesShort Term Projects
• Create presentation
• Take online classes to learn more about our association and Alzheimer’s and related dementia. (alz.org-we can help-education and e-learning…free classes)
• Database Entry
• Attend at least 1 support group
• Helping take calls, send out caregiver packets, assisting ‘walk-in’ caregivers with any information needed
• Physician Outreach
• Schedule presentation for Program Staff to do, and include advertising, sign-in sheets, evaluations, etc.
• Develop ways to market programs and services and recruit volunteers
• Find one grant for non-profits and apply by the end of the semester (if deadlines apply)
• Have a booth at a health fair