Social Media/PR/Marketing InternBookmark This
MDG salon | studio
355 Indiana Ave.
Posted: August 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAn established, high-end salon organization in Indianapolis (with two locations), seeks a student who understands the dynamics and importance of web presence. This candidate must also understand the complexity of what it means to have multiple locations while maintaining a consistent tone while representing a brand.
Current social media platforms include:
• 4 Square
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities, Opportunities and Qualifications include:
• Forward-thing and creative conceptualizing
• Thinking “big picture”
• Creating style guides and processes for sharing information with the masses as well as with staff/individuals
• Research new areas for visual and digital growth while strengthening existing hashtags and cultural tones
• Research and audit existing target markets
• Responsible for multiple weekly posts and creation of a plan/process that can be easily implemented
• Create visuals for “new products” and new launches
RequirementsHaving a deep understanding of these platforms is a must! Candidate must also work well independently, be self-motivated and have a spirit for growing a “fan base.” Having experience with social media marketing efforts is critical.
This opportunity will be suit a student who is responsible and cognizant that they are, in fact, representing an established brand. Applying knowledge from previous experience is welcomed, as are new/cutting-edge concepts.
Candidate must also exude the skills required to effectively communicate and demonstrate strategies that can be shared with employees who do not spend as much time using social media because hairstylists are notorious for not capturing their work digitally. Candidate must own his or her own reliable laptop to work with in and out of the store is required.