Sales/Marketing InternTribeLA Magazine
Social Media and Marketing Summer InternshipUzeeum
Marketing / Sales InternSapphire Technologies
Marketing the Hifu Cancer Prostate Procedure thru Awareness and Social MediaSassano Services
Exciting PR and Marketing InternshipEmerging Insider Communications
Business Development InternChicago News Media Group
Brand Development InternExclusive Clientele Brands, LLC
Summer InternshipDynamic Edge Consulting, Inc.
Community Outreach InternBookmark This
Lone Star Film Society
1907 Windsor Place
Fort Worth, TX
Posted: June 04 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Lone Star Film Society is currently seeking interns to assist with its marketing department. The Lone Star Film Society (LSFS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that exists to cultivate an appreciation and understanding of the moving image as an art form while showcasing the City of Fort Worth to the world. The Society accomplishes this mission through year-round presentation, education and community collaboration. This includes an annual film festival that is the leading event of its kind in North Texas.
The marketing department is directly responsible for generating awareness of the LSFS and all of its programs and activities, including the Lone Star Film Festival in Sundance Square. In 2014, the LSFS expanded its year-round programming through the umbrella film program ArthouseFW, further establishing the film society as one of the foremost institutions for the promotion of cinema in North Texas. As a marketing intern, accepted applicants will have the opportunity to work on a creative and intimate level to help further increase the status and position of the LSFS in North Texas as a leader in the arts.
In 2014, MovieMaker Magazine included the LSFF in its coveted annual list “50 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” for the second year in a row. MovieMaker selected the LSFF from a pool of over 5,000 festivals worldwide. In its coverage of the 2013 LSFF, The New York Times wrote, “The Lone Star Film Festival shines brightly.” Carrying with it the same careful attention to programming, ArthouseFW is designed to build on the film society’s commitment to cultivate film education and culture in North Texas.
All interns in the marketing department report directly to the Marketing and Membership Director, who oversees the department. In addition, all interns must work together on projects that span the entire marketing department. Applicants, therefore, must be motivated, hard working and reliable. Positions are non-paying, but the experience of helping to further develop a cutting-edge arts non-profit and promote cinema in the cultural community of North Texas is invaluable for anyone seeking to prepare for a professional career. If accepted, applicants will work hand in hand with first class professionals in their field, helping further establish the success of LSFS programming.
ResponsibilitiesThe LSFS community outreach intern is responsible for marketing all LSFS year-round programming to the North Texas community through various promotional partnerships in the area. Responsibilities include:
• Research promotional and cross-promotional opportunities with organizations and businesses in the North Texas area.
• Market LSFS year-round programming, including the Lone Star Film Festival (LSFF) in Sundance Square, to partner constituencies while maintaining and expanding a list of trusted community partnerships.
• Distribute and monitor all printed collateral to various locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, including materials related to LSFF guerilla marketing.
• Assist LSFF guerilla marketing by organizing promotions with community partners, delivering and managing the display of collateral at strategic points, and coordinating with the LSFF guerilla marketing team.
• Attend all LSFS events, helping engage attendees and promote LSFS year-round programming.
Requirements• Applicants must be motivated, hard working and reliable with strong organizational skills that aid in managing multiple projects at once.
• Those who apply should have established writing skills, coupled by the well-developed interpersonal skills required to positively reflect the LSFS in all correspondence with partner organizations and businesses.
• Applicants should have an established record of high academic achievement.