Los Angeles Mechanical Engineering Internship
Are you looking for mechanical engineering internships in Los Angeles, CA? Mechanical engineering encompasses several engineering disciplines and was developed as a result of applying principles of physics and materials science.
A mechanical engineering internship demands a thorough understanding of mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, materials science, and energy. To become a mechanical engineer, you will need to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, work under a professional engineer for at least four years, pass two exams and earn a state license.
As a mechanical engineering intern in Los Angeles, you’ll likely help with tasks such as integrating sensors, controllers, and machinery. Through the experience, you’ll utilize computer programs that help you create and analyze designs, run simulations, test how a machine works, and interact with other systems.
Your Los Angeles mechanical engineering internship is a great way to familiarize yourself with software commonly used by mechanical engineers such as LaTeX or R for presentations and statistical models, and MATLAB. You’ll also want to learn design software such as CATIA, SolidWorks, or Pro-E and programming languages such as C++, Python, and LabVIEW.
Mechanical engineers generally work in offices or manufacturing plants, but also visit worksites to fix equipment problems. You could work on industrial equipment, machinery, heating and cooling systems, motor vehicles, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, or medical devices. Mechanical engineering will often overlap with civil engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, and other engineering disciplines to varying degrees.
What can you expect as a mechanical engineering intern in Los Angeles?
Students can find many compelling reasons to look for internships in Los Angeles. The City of Angels offers memorable scenery, fantastic beaches and sunny weather.
This region's strong job market also compensates for the relatively high cost of living. Internships provide experience that can help people enter desirable, well-paying occupations.
Students in Los Angeles have the opportunity to gain employment at outstanding mechanical engineering companies such as Aerojet Rocketdyne and Honeywell. While they learn and work, interns can set aside time to stroll Venice Beach's famed boardwalk or see the iconic Hollywood sign.
You’ll learn about the company culture, the mechanical engineering industry, and various other mechanical engineering roles. You’ll also develop new skills and make new connections that very well might provide professional references for you some day.
During your Los Angeles mechanical engineering internship, be sure to take the opportunity to build your communication skills and get familiar with common office software packages including Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ready to get started? Find your LA mechanical engineering internship below.
Search For Mechanical Engineering Internships In Los Angeles, CA
MORE 2017 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING INTERNSHIPS IN NEARBY CITIES
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in Berkeley, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in Irvine, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in Long Beach, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in Orange County, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in Sacramento, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in San Diego, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in San Francisco, CA
- Mechanical Engineering Internships in San Jose, CA
MORE 2017 INTERNSHIPS IN LOS ANGELES, CA
- Business Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Communication Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Development Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Education Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Health Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Management Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Marketing Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Paid Internships in Los Angeles, CA
- Research Internships in Los Angeles, CA