Video InternAnn Arbor Symphony Orchestra
Recruitment Intern Needed: Fight for clean water, reclaim our democracy and stop global warming.The Public Interest Network
Virtual Social Media InternshipSIETAR Europa
Nonprofit Coordinator InternshipClara Vista
Marketing & Communications InternClara Vista
Major Donor Event InternLACMA
Part time Administrative Assistant with Jefferson Symphony Orchestra in Golden COJefferson Symphony Association
Human Services InternYWCA of Bethlehem
Development InternBookmark This
A Better Way, Inc.
3200 Adeline St.
Posted: August 11 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionA Better Way, Inc. offers a comprehensive approach to foster care, and adoptive and psychotherapeutic services for children and families. A Better Way serves over 300 children and their families in seven bay area counties.
Since 1996, A Better Way has provided foster care placements to more than 2,000 children and has finalized 300 adoptions. A Better Way has provided mental health services to close to 2,000 children, many of whom live in our communities’ most impoverished and violence-ridden neighborhoods. In addition to mental health services, we provide intensive support and case management for parents pursuing reunification through our Parent Engagement Program with the help of parents who have successfully navigated reunification process. As a training center for foster parents and service providers, A Better Way provides about 2,000 hours of training per year in San Francisco, Alameda and Solano Counties.
Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Development Intern will support all functions of the agency’s fundraising department. The Development Intern will assist with event coordination, grant research and proposal preparation, donor outreach, and marketing and social media activities. The intern will also assist with data entry as needed to support A Better Way’s donor tracking system (Salesforce). Other duties as assigned may include administrative tasks, filing, assisting with mailings, etc.
Responsibilities1. Provide support to the Development Director on a variety of projects
2. Support event coordination activities for several fundraising events
3. Coordinate steering committee activities for A Better Way’s Spring Gala (May 2015)
4. Support fundraising event logistics and outreach for in-kind donations
5. Oversee auction database maintenance for gala
6. Prospect for grant funding opportunities and maintain calendar of grant deadlines and key dates
7. Assist with grant proposal writing and preparation of documents for submission
8. Perform data entry and maintenance of Salesforce, our development database, as needed
9. Write and/or edit copy for agency communications, including e-newsletters and social media posts
10. Attend relevant meetings, including Event Committee and Board of Directors meetings
11. Perform other duties as requested
Requirements1. Commitment to the agency mission and to providing service to children and families
2. Experience in non-profit fundraising desired, but not required
3. Strong interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Ability and willingness to talk to groups about A Better Way’s work and mission
5. Excellent organizational, computer and time-management skills
6. Graphics skills desirable but not required