Best Buddies Leadership Conference InternshipBest Buddies International
Meetings & Education Services InternSociety of Research Administrators International
Summer/Fall Events & Outreach Internship – Alexandria, VAEmpowered Women International
Nonprofit organization seeking 2-3 interns for fundraising in the Los Angeles AreaTHE JONATHAN FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES
Nonprofit Coordinator InternshipClara Vista
Marketing & Communications InternClara Vista
Major Donor Event InternLACMA
Part time Administrative Assistant with Jefferson Symphony Orchestra in Golden COJefferson Symphony Association
Development AssistantBookmark This
Dress for Success Mercer County
Posted: May 09 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Dress for Success Mercer County (DFSMC) is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. DFSMC is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and an affiliate of Dress for Success Worldwide, an international nonprofit organization with over 130 affiliates in 15 countries. DFSMC was founded in 2007 by a group of local Mercer County businesswomen who recognized the unique challenges faced by disadvantaged women desperate to break the cycle of poverty and built a local career development resource system to help them succeed.
DFSMC is currently seeking someone to intern as a Development Assistant for a minimum of 10 hours a week. If you have an interest in grant research and writing, DFSMC may have a place for you. We are aiming to expand our programs to empower more women to become thriving members of their community. This would be an opportunity not only hone your skills, but also gain work experience to note on your resume as well as a reference for prospective employers. Academic credit may be available. While we are located in the greater Trenton, NJ area, the work may be done remotely.
• Work with DFSMC Executive Director, Development Committee and the Fund Development Consultant to develop and execute plan for increasing charitable contributions and grant funding
• Develop and write grant proposals to foundations, endowments, corporations and other grant funding organizations, persuasively communicating the DFSMC mission and program value to potential funders
• Conduct landscape research for applicable foundation, endowment and corporate grants
• Assist in establishing and maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of proposals, reports and other related documentation
• Help create data base for tracking grant sources
• Assist in grant compliance and reporting requirements
RequirementsDesired Attributes and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree or Bachelor's degree in process required.
• Excellent writing, analytical and research skills
• Self-motivated; ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications