Nonprofit Coordinator InternshipClara Vista
Marketing & Communications InternClara Vista
Major Donor Event InternLACMA
Part time Administrative Assistant with Jefferson Symphony Orchestra in Golden COJefferson Symphony Association
Human Services InternYWCA of Bethlehem
Graphic Design/Photo InternFloreciendo
Volunteer Management InternIrish Fair of Minnesota
Office InternThe Rise Foundation
Fundraising InternBookmark This
World Medical Relief
11745 Rosa Parks Blvd.
Posted: July 07 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPosition Title: Fundraising Intern
Term: 6 months -1 year Pay rate: Unpaid
Hours: 16 to 25 hours per week (some events may be outside of normal business hours)
Supervisor: Director of Development and Community Affairs
Goal or purpose of position: The fundraising intern provides a range of support to assist the Director of Development and Community Affairs. The goal of the position is to assist in successful operations of development team at World Medical Relief.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume and 3 writing samples to Crystal Staffney, Director of Development and Community Affairs: email@example.com
ResponsibilitiesMajor responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assisting in the development and implementation of a coordinated fundraising programs
• Fundraising event planning
• Handling donor acknowledgements and thank you letters.
• Identifying donor prospects and research donor prospects.
• Data entry and maintenance of the database.
• Solicitations of corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and gift-in-kind donations.
• Interacting with donors and conducting donor meetings.
• Development of donor materials, presentations, and mailings.
• Serves as an ambassador for the organization and promotes a positive image/ reputation of the ministry.
• The internship will also include administrative duties such as: envelope stuffing, file cleaning, data entry, etc.
RequirementsExperience/Education: Ideal candidate will have an Associates or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related Business Major. Experience in NEON CRM donor database a plus.
Qualifications (required, desired):
• You will be required to have your own laptop.
• Strong interest in a nonprofit career
• At least 1 year experience in fundraising
• Excellent computer skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Available by phone and Internet
• No previous felony convictions: subject to criminal background check