2 months ago
Seeking motivated, reliable and detailed college student for a 2023 virtual wedding office coordinator internship. Previous event planning experience is a plus but not necessary.
This is an UNPAID position for college credit; however, an intern who successfully completes the internship may be hired on a part-time basis to assist at future events if living in Michigan. You will receive real experience in the world of wedding planning which is very valuable if you are looking to enter this exciting industry after college. A letter of recommendation will be awarded upon successful completion.
This internship involves pre-event preparation including creating and updating timelines, vendor confirmation calls, client inspiration mood boards, vendor research/quotes, magazine submissions including photo selections, marketing promotions, social media, couple of the month features, webinars, researching ideas and writing blog posts for the YTB blog, assembling favors/invitations as needed (if local). Assignments are emailed and tracked on a google doc and completed at your location by the deadline given so you are able to work a part-time job. You are not required to come into an office setting but we will have meetings as needed. Other projects as needed. You will also need to write a final blog post about your assignments and overall experience.
Required graduation year
2022 - 2024
Skills & Abilities
· Works well with team members, clients and vendors by building rapport quickly and communicates effectively
· Takes ownership and pride in their work
· Adapts well with change on-the-go
· Technologically savvy
· Can handle direct & blunt feedback and course correction as needed
· Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously - get things done, meets deadlines, and keeps promises
· Insane attention to detail and organized (you delight in the details and don’t let little things slip)
· Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
· Extremely flexible
· Coachable/no ego - happy doing high-level projects as well as mundane administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
· Strong ability to creatively solve problems on the fly
· You are comfortable working in a high-intensity environment
· Your grammar and writing skills are top notch
· We prefer a Windows and iPhone user
. Knows Canva
· Knowledge of in-depth operation of all major social media platforms is required
· You have experience in customer support
· Weekend availability as needed and some weekday/weeknight functions (networking events, virtual bride consults and vendor meetings (if local)-advance noticed is given)
We can be flexible with the right candidate depending on your schedule. This internship is approx. November 2023-March 2024. A shorter internship is available based on your semester break from school. Please specify in your COVER LETTER your available start and end dates, city of residence when you are home on summer break or as we desire candidates whom are under 30 minutes from Farmington, MI. If you live out-of-state you may apply as the internship is virtual. If you can't honor a contractual commitment, NOT a STUDENT that can receive college credit PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.
**If this opportunity would be perfect for you then please email your resume and cover letter explaining why you would like to be part of our team and why we should choose you! Indicate how many credit hours you need for your internship and your desired start and end dates. Visit our website, blog, facebook, twitter, instagram or pinterest to learn more about the company. Can't wait to hear from you! We will start conducting interviews soon.**
email@example.com www.yourethebride.com 248-408-4602 www.facebook.com/yourethebride Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest @yourethebride
About You're The Bride
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
You're The Bride is actively interviewing now. Due to the volume of applications, You're The Bride has indicated that they will not follow up unless you are selected for an interview.
Get email updates for the latest Virtual Wedding Office Coordinator Intern jobs that are remote
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Business Administration Management And Operations15%
195 other majors54%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks