2 months ago
Under the leadership of the Director of Marketing, the intern will provide assistance in the specific areas of public relations, program promotion, and writing for The Bridge Teen Center and The Bridge Thrift Store.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Assist in the development and implementation of public relations/promotion/communication strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness.
2. Assist with in-house program promotion strategies, including updating the in-house promotion materials on a weekly basis.
3. Preparing descriptions and press releases for upcoming events and programs for media outlets.
4. Research and develop social network strategies that promote programs and raise awareness of The Bridge Teen Center and The Bridge Thrift Store.
5. Research new opportunities and other media outlets to distribute programs and events.
6. Organize the library of photos and uploading pictures to the website and distribute to media outlets.
7. Contribute to in-house newsletters.
8. Attend at least 2 outreach promotional events with staff member.
9. Attend community networking events and provide feet on the street public relation endeavors.
10. Assisting with community outreach events (as needed).
11. Other duties as assigned by the Marketing & Development Team.
Required graduation year
2024 - 2027
1. Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
2. Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
3. Sensitivity to different opinions.
4. A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
5. Personal and professional integrity.
6. The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
7. The ability to lift 15 to 20 pounds.
8. The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
9. Strong organizational skills.
10. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
11. A sense of humor.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
1. Set personal goals for what they would like to accomplish during their internship.
2. Have regular informational meetings with staff.
3. Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
4. Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
5. Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
6. Not be afraid of asking questions.
7. Take Initiative.
About The Bridge Teen Center
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
The Bridge Teen Center has not provided an expected interview date. If The Bridge Teen Center chooses not to move forward with your application, they will notify you.
Get email updates for the latest Public Relations Intern jobs in Orland Park, IL
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Public Relations Image Management10%
Speech Communication And Rhetoric4%
311 other majors47%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
For Orland Park, IL | $4,214/mo
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks