2 months ago
Under the leadership of the Creative Marketing Associate and Director of Marketing, the intern will provide assistance with in the specific areas of graphic design, marketing, public relations, development, and promotion of The Bridge Teen Center and The Bridge Thrift Store.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. Assisting in the planning and execution of desktop publishing needs for program promotion which includes: web banners, program flyers, posters, invitations, tickets, print materials, newsletters, etc.
2. Assisting with in-house program promotion strategies, including updating the in-house promotion materials on a weekly basis.
3. Assisting the Marketing Department with all ongoing creative design projects.
4. Help update and maintain the organizations website.
5. Research trends and develop new ideas that can be explored and implemented.
6. Organizing the library of photos and uploading pictures to the website.
7. Assist Program staff in creating displays and design elements for events and programs.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Department.
9. Identifying high-quality photos and editing them.
1. Ability to think outside of the box.
2. Proficient in Adobe, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
3. Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, and able to work both independently and as a team.
4. Highly organized, responsible, and detail oriented.
5. Outstanding communication skills.
6. B.S. degree in process for Art or Graphic Design.
7. Bonus - Photography skills.
8. Bonus - Video and editing skills.
Required graduation year
2024 - 2027
1. Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
2. Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
3. Sensitivity to different opinions.
4. A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
5. Personal and professional integrity.
6. The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
7. The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
8. Strong organizational skills.
9. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
10. A sense of humor.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
1. Set personal goals for what they would like to accomplish during their internship.
2. Have regular informational meetings with staff.
3. Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
4. Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
5. Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
6. Not be afraid of asking questions.
7. Take initiative
About The Bridge Teen Center
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
The Bridge Teen Center has not provided an expected interview date. If The Bridge Teen Center chooses not to move forward with your application, they will notify you.
Get email updates for the latest Graphic Design Intern jobs in Orland Park, IL
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
That get hired for this type of internship
Fine And Studio Arts7%
Design And Applied Arts7%
225 other majors29%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
For Orland Park, IL | $4,214/mo
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks