3 months ago
The Publisher Desk is looking for a current student at either a 2 or 4-year college or university to intern with us this fall. The internship will focus solely on studentrecipes.com, our student-friendly food content and recipe website. You will create recipes, write articles, and film short and long-form videos for TikTok and Youtube to drive social media traffic. You will work with our Digital Content Strategist who will be your main point of contact for
assignments and deadlines.
The ideal intern candidate will have some experience writing about food-related topics and running food social media accounts. Experience filming recipes and face-to-video content on TikTok and YouTube is a plus. You will be required to submit 3-4 original photos with each recipe post, so you should be comfortable taking high-quality pictures. You should also have the ability to turn around clean and concise copy quickly and reliably.
● Create recipe articles with original photos
● Record original and creative videos for social media (long-form for YouTube and short-form for YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Threads, and Facebook)
● Work with SEO keywords
● Edit and update live posts and recipes
● Attend a weekly strategy meeting
● Paid internship
● 16 hours a week
● 10-12 weeks
● Have a writing portfolio of articles to share during the interview process
○ Please provide at least two writing samples
● Prior experience in food blogging, recipe creation, or food social media accounts
● Bring original topics to the table
● Ability to take high-quality photos and record recipe videos
● Excellent grammar, spelling, and writing skills
● Time management and organizational abilities
● Stellar communication skills and good attention to detail
About The Publisher Desk
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
How will you be compensated for this role?
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
The Publisher Desk has not provided an expected interview date. If The Publisher Desk chooses not to move forward with your application, they will notify you.
Get email updates for the latest Editorial Internship, Student Recipes jobs that are remote
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
English Language And Literature15%
Speech Communication And Rhetoric4%
294 other majors44%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
(National average offered by employers)
Typical pay range:
$17.89 - $23.01
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks