a month ago
Howard clare Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
• Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts
• Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with enterprise accounting policies, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (STAT)
• Analyzes and prepares GAAP and STAT financial statements for both internal and external users
• Provides technical research, accounting guidance, and strategic advice to business partners when planning and structuring complex, new, and/or unusual business transactions
• Responsible for development and oversight of enterprise-wide system of financial reporting controls through risk assessments, design and effectiveness reviews, and testing procedures
• Provides intermediate accounting, financial analysis, and financial reporting to the company
• Ensures adequate level of internal controls over financial information
• Works with other divisions of the corporation to record, analyze and report financial information to management
• Participates as a team member in divisional and cross-divisional projects
• Assists in the training and development of entry-level staff
• Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers
• Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline
• Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• Prepares components of annual audited financial statements, quarterly GAAP management highlights, and quarterly and annual statutory statements and associated supplemental filings
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on the selected candidate’s location. We know flexibility is important to our employees and their families, and we will continue to offer flexibility in this flex office/home role.
This approach will guide us in balancing the needs of the business, customers and our employees.
Number of positions available
• Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline and broadens capabilities
• Applies knowledge of statutory and GAAP accounting rules to various management reports
• Researches moderately complex accounting issues and pronouncements
• Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline.
• Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
• Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
About Howard Clare Insurance
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
How will you be compensated for this role?
Benefits for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
Howard Clare Insurance has not provided an expected interview date. Due to the volume of applications, Howard Clare Insurance has indicated that they will not follow up unless you are selected for an interview.
Howard Clare Insurance also indicates this role is likely to convert to full-time.
Get email updates for the latest Finance & Accounting Intern jobs that are remote
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Business Administration Management And Operations13%
284 other majors36%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
(National average offered by employers)
Typical pay range:
$16.24 - $20.89
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks