23 days ago
We are looking for a part-time, unpaid intern to assist us. As an intern, you will get to experience all aspects of public relations by working directly with each employee at DPA on a wide range of clients. We’re a small, busy agency, and our interns are considered part of the team. Interns should be hungry to learn about the PR profession, the importance of teamwork, the technologies/vendors used that are critical to our clients, the industries we serve, and DPA’s business.
Number of positions available
Interns preferably are in their junior or senior year of college and have relevant experience in public relations, video production and social media. Essential credentials include time management and organizational skills. Interns are expected to be reliable members of our team. Strong written and verbal communications as well as excellent interpersonal skills are also required. Interns should be proficient in Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and be knowledgeable about social media and video production. Interns are expected to have their own laptop to work from that has Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) on it.
· Provide essential public relations support to account teams, including administration and research tasks
· Help draft press releases, media advisories and pitches for media
· Photo/video editing projects as assigned
· Help create social media content
· General research as designated by team members
· Participate in client calls and meetings, as appropriate
· Create and work to keep all media lists up-to-date; become proficient in Cision
· Do research for potential new clients and new business proposals
· Scan publications for relevant articles, including client, industry and competitive information and share relevant hits with team members; create electronic clips/folders to track clippings
· Help draft and distribute client weekly agendas for calls, status reports and media coverage reports (aka “monthly reports”)
About DPA Communications
Skills you'll need for this internship
provided by employer
What happens after you send in your application?
DPA Communications has not provided an expected interview date. Due to the volume of applications, DPA Communications has indicated that they will not follow up unless you are selected for an interview.
Get email updates for the latest Public Relations and Social Media Intern jobs in Boston, MA
Understand more about this internship and other internships like this
People who completed this type of internship end up in the following types of jobs
That get hired for this type of internship
Speech Communication And Rhetoric5%
Business Administration Management And Operations5%
325 other majors49%
People who did this kind of internship end up at the following companies
For Boston, MA | $5,444/mo
Learn how to get your resume noticed and nail that interview.
Build a better resume
98% of candidates are eliminated at the initial resume screening.Learn how to be in the 2%
Apply early and often
Apply early and apply often - the first 8 days of a job posting matter most.Tips for the application process
Prepare for the big interview
Do your research and practice your responses to make a lasting impression.How to ace your interview
Employers want to see that you’ve done your homework and are excited about the company.
Other essential interview questions:
More Interview Tips and Tricks