Great Dane Graphic Design Intern | SmartRecruiters
Graphic Design Intern
* Savannah, GA, USA
Our commitment to building superior products and fulfilling customer needs has taken us from a small, steel fabricating company to the leading trailer manufacturer in the world. Celebrating over 100 years in business,Great Danehas built an enviable reputation as an industry leader in technology, innovation and quality.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL,Great Danehas additional corporate offices in Savannah, GA, a parts distribution center, and eight strategically located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S.
From humble beginnings in 1900,Great Danehas built a reputation as the industry leader in technology, innovation and quality, and our dry vans and refrigerated and platform trailers are widely recognized throughout the marketplace as No. 1 in quality and durability.
Great Daneapos;sextensive network of company-owned branches and full-line independent dealers and parts-only independent dealers offer distribution points for both Trailers and Aftermarket parts across North and South America.
Great Dane is now accepting applicationsfor a Graphic DesignIntern at our Savannah, GAcorporate office.
This internship will start in June.
Great Dane is looking for a talented, creative, high initiative individual to join our team. As a graphic design intern you will primarily work with the marketing department, conceptualizing and designing innovative, on-brand collateral to support the creative aspects of marketing, communications, publication development, public relations and special events. Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, detail-oriented, hardworking, web-savvy and have experience designing for a variety of applications including print, web, mobile and social media platforms.
Impact of Internship: You will finish the internship having gained hands-on experience and training in all aspects of product marketing, while also gaining a good understanding of real world design applications from a privately-owned business perspective.
About the Role:The length of internship is negotiable based on candidate preference, but we are looking for a 3-6 month commitment. This is an hourly position, 40hrs/wk from 8:30am 5:00pm.
This is a paid internship.
Assist in the creation of signage, advertisements, mock-ups, email campaigns, brochures, print collateral, online promotions, etc.
Assist in the creation of exhibition graphics for trade shows and events
Prepare presentations for both meeting and training needs
Provide design support to social media efforts
Assist with occasional maintenance of various web sites and digital asset management systems
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
* Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
* Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
* Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; trends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant and gracious.
* Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesnt stop at the first answers
* Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on whats important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
* Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops scheduled and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measure performance against goals; evaluates results.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
Education: Recent graduate from accredited college majoring in Graphic design, Multi-media design, or related field.
Years of Experience: 1 2 years
A robust portfolio including samples of work related to corporate business needs
Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop)
Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work well in teams or independently
Ability to thrive in an agile environment that mixes both long-term visions and shorter enterprise deadlines
Highly-adaptable and able to pivot due to changing requirements or client feedback
Additional Preferred Skills:
Ability to write/edit code in CSS and/or HTML
Wireframing/Prototyping experience using Adobe XD, InVision or related software
Animation experience using Adobe AfterEffects or related software(s)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
* Work environment: Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Average hours worked per week is 40.
* Work time is spent in an office environment moving about, communicating between departments and with employees, or seated at a desk or table processing information and operating a computer.
* Hazard exposures are minimal however if the individual goes into the manufacturing and service areas of the plant/branch hazards would exist. These hazards are primarily ambient such as noise, sparks and forklift traffic. All protective devices and equipment are congruent with those of the production worker.
* Must dress and present oneself in a professional manner.
* This is a paid internship opportunity.
* A favorable background screening, drug screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
* Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
I'm interestedRefer a friend
share this job
Share to WeChat
Copy the link and open WeChat to share.
Copy to clipboardOpen WeChat
Share to WeChat
Use Scan QR Code in WeChat and click to share.
adobe photoshop, graphic design, adobe indesign, adobe creative suite, advertising, brochures, css, adobe after effects, motion graphics, animation, printing, maya, wireframes, creativity, experience design