Event Management Intern
SMG McCormick Place Complex-7276
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Event Management Intern for SMG/McCormick Place. This position will be assigned to work with various Event Managers on conventions, tradeshows, conferences, corporate events and more. The intern will interact with facility staff as well as clients and exhibitors. In addition, the intern will work on projects in between events if available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assists assigned Event Manager with general preplanning process and organization of client specifications.
* Assists with Event Software Production entry (scripting, service orders, diary entries).
* Accompany Event Managers on site visits related to their assigned events.
* Assists onsite with various tasks and/or issues as they arise (checking meeting rooms, deliver/gather event materials, occasionally Xerox copying, etc.)
* Provides general assistance with specific event functions assigned by the Event Manager (receptions, luncheons, meeting rooms, plenary sessions, etc.)
* Assists with event billing processes and general event follow-up activities.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* Enrolled in college or university majoring in Business, Communications, Event or Facility Management, or related field.
* Students in entering their senior year or currently enrolled in their senior year are preferred.
Skills and Abilities
* Must be enthusiastic, proactive and professional.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and to handle multiple tasks at a time.
* Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
* Excellent customer service and public relation skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee may sit for long hours and be required to use hands to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
Hours of work
This position involves irregular hours and schedules, including evening and weekend work.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter- Stella Butera
301 E. Cermak Rd, Chicago, IL. 60616
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 312.791.7000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We will only accept application from May 15, 2019 through June 15, 2019
event management, event planning, microsoft powerpoint, communication, corporate events, organization, conferences, microsoft office, customer service, microsoft excel, microsoft word, leadership, problem solving, scheduling, business