Student Intern - Architecture & Interior Design
Gensler - Atlanta, GA3.8
19 hours agoFull-timeEstimated: $36,000 - $48,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Master's Degree
* Adobe Creative Suite
* Microsoft Word
As an Intern in Gensler's ATLANTA office, you will join our creative student environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately May 2019 and ending August 2019. You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
What You Will Do During This Internship
* You will have an exciting opportunity to work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
* In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lectures, project tours, vendor visits and a group project.
* You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional licensure efforts.
* You are currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture or Interior Design; NAAB and/or CIDA accredited program highly preferred
* You have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program
* You are returning to your program after the internship and will be graduating within one year
* You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples)
* Experience using Revit required, AutoCAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
* Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* 3-D computer rendering skills (Sketch Up, 3-D Max, and/or other modeling software)
* Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Hand sketching ability a plus
How to Apply
Submit an online application on Gensler.com/Careers, including a resume and portfolio (PDF 10 MB max in total). Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
autocad, adobe photoshop, revit, adobe indesign, adobe creative suite, rendering, sketching, bim, interior design, interior architecture, modeling, sketch up, microsoft excel, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word