DLA Piper LLP (U.S.) - Palo Alto, CA3.9
1 day agoFull-timeEstimated: $50,000 - $65,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Private Equity
* Organizational Skills
EEO Protected Veterans/Disability * DLA Piper is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact our _Recruiting Team._
DLA Piper LLP (US) is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results oriented people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly motivated student interested in gaining practical experience by supporting the firm's Venture Pipeline Group, on the Business Development team, we want to hear from you!
This position supports our Venture Pipeline Group within the Emerging Growth and Venture Capital practice nationwide to pursue growing our overall startup client base, working to help companies navigate the fundraising process, enhancing the fundability of our clients, and helping establish, maintain, and improve internal processes and procedures.
By the end of the internship, the individual will have an understanding of the convergence of the legal, startup and venture ecosystems including:
* Investor identification
* Evaluation of early stage startup companies
* Prospect and investor targeting and pursuit
* Marketing approaches
* Behind the scenes look at the important role a law firm plays at the creation and growth of startups
This position ideally will sit in the Palo Alto or San Francisco office, but we will consider applicants in other markets where DLA Piper has an office.
* Currently enrolled in a college degree program
* Must have an interest in gaining practical work experience
* Good technical skills, including working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Good attention-to-detail and organizational skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, and meet deadlines
* Previous office or internship experience
* Experience in a law firm, private equity fund, or large professional services environment
* Sales or marketing background
* Prior work experience in the tech sector
* Experience with Salesforce.com or similar workflow management tools
* Jack or Jill of all trades with demonstrated interest in startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc
* Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and to work well in an autonomous setting with minimal direct supervision
* Appropriatepresence, confidence, tact and perseverance
What will your day look like?
In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Head of Venture Pipeline in many aspects of new investor and startup business development and with existing client development and success. Some of your responsibilities will include researching information, gathering data, and preparing basic reports or analyses. You will create files, prepare basic correspondence, and access document management systems to update and/or create new documents as needed. You may also participate in meetings to gain an understanding of department/practice group objectives, recent activities, and assist on special projects as needed.
To learn more about DLA Piper, please visit our website
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
Agency applications will not be considered.
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://dlapiperus.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/summer-intern-2263
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship
* United States (Required)
* One location
microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, communication, organization, microsoft access, problem solving, maya, microsoft excel, marketing, sales, fundraising, microsoft outlook, business development, recruiting, entrepreneurship