Marketing, PR, and Entertainment Internship
URBAN GRACE MEDIA - Charleston, SC
19 hours agoPart-time$15 - $20 an hour
* Microsoft Office
URBAN GRACE MEDIA is a strategic communications agency serving elite brands, labels, and celebrities in entertainment, music, lifestyle ,and fashion.
URBAN GRACE MEDIA specialize in representing clients at the intersection of digital media and entertainment. We offer our global clientele a full range of services to support, build or re-position their brand identities.
You will be able to learn first-hand from an experienced team and be close to the action.You will be involved with client work such as attending high profile events, press touring, and writing.
Interns MUST be reliable, self-motivated, creative, organized and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
This position is designed to help interns gain valuable knowledge through hands-on experience and guided training.
This is a paid/academic internship you may or may not have to be enrolled in college but we do expect you to have some college experience. Interns will have schedules to work 4-5 days a week between the hours 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM. This internship will develop into either full-time job for the right people in the future as our internship program is where we scout for future talent to hire and develop some of the best in the industry. Plenty of opportunities to grow from within the organization.
NOTE: Please reply with what position you are interested in.
* Assist in Set production, design, or marketing of clients events
* Maintain Social media calendar and post for agency
* Assist with set production, styling, and wardrobe
* Maintain database of influencers
* Develop written articles and blog content to be pitched to well-known publications
* Creating media lists, pitches, press clips, and providing initial research
* Researching new key contacts for all clients
* Responsible for daily coverage scans, keeping track of editorial calendars
* Constantly updating and compiling press clipping for each client
* Administrative support to publicists
* Brainstorming new pitch ideas for clients
* Should be in tune with breaking industry news and latest pop culture trends
* Must be able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
* Help create engaging blog and social media content for editorial, entertainment, and financial sales division
Conduct in-person or phone consultations with potential clients inquiring about services
* Reside in 50 miles with in Columbia, SC
* Enrolled in college or working towards a major or minor degree in public relations, communications, or marketing
* Have working laptop with essential Microsoft Office software and cell phone
Solution oriented, motivated self-starter
* Experience in social media is a plus
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and attention to detail
* Experience with content writing is a plus
* Knowledgeable in Hip Hop/Pop Culture, Music and Major News outlets such as BET, MTV, Complex, or Revolt
* MUST be available to work at least 2 to 3 full days a week
* Ambitious, positive attitude, and a desire to build a career in a PR agency
* Do not apply if you do not want to work in PR, Entertainment, Fashion, or Marketing
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract, Commission
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
social media, public relations, event management, strategic communications, digital media, web content, publications, creativity, content writing, written communication, media & entertainment, pr, pop culture, news, editorial calendars