Associate Curriculum Specialist (Internship)
Code Super Powers - Bowie, MD
2 hours agoPart-time$10 - $14 an hour
* High School Diploma or GED
* Computer Graphics
Code Super Powers is known for fun and engaging game-based STEM learning. Children have fun building custom video games, apps and more. The education division develops and delivers training to K-12 students and education customers on-site, at conferences, and workshops. They strive to enhance customer success by delivering engaging, practical, and user-friendly training tutorials and materials.
Topics range from 3D Game building and drone combat missions, to K-12 professional development concepts. No computer coding experience required, but a willingness to learn coding is preferred. Our innovative curriculum is self-guided, so students are able to drive their own projects. The Specialists primary duty is to motivate and foster a fun, engaging environment.
The Associate Curriculum Specialist is a great writer who works under moderate supervision to develop, update, and deliver exceptional course materials for Code Super Powers clients. This position works closely with colleagues on the Delivery, Multimedia, and Training teams.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
* Work well with children, in a fun and engaging manner
* Organize and deliver interactive e-learning training materials
* Update existing online courses and tutorials, as needed
* Participate in team meetings and group project reviews
* Identify and share best practices
* Set up course templates based on client's interest
* Record and/or import audio into course files
* Submit course products for reviews at key stages of development and respond to feedback in a timely fashion
* Use collaboration systems to share and store files; track progress on assigned tasks
* All other responsibilities assigned by management
* Able to assist with coding camps and workshops with a focus on children
* Attention to details while maintaining the appropriate flow and objectives of the overall course
* Assimilate technical and academic information quickly
* Think flexibly and employ innovative solutions
* Work on a variety of tasks, shift easily from one task to another, and complete in a timely manner
* Organize and prioritize his/her work
* Give and receive constructive feedback graciously
* Take direction well, yet also take initiative
* Demonstrate collaboration and communication skills in a geographically dispersed team
* This position provides the opportunity to work side-by-side our Leadership teams as they provide support, implement products, and provide education for award-winning K-12 software systems.
* The Specialist will receive a free world-class training on multiple technologies. As well as access to products and curriculum others pay thousands to receive.
* This position is a great resume booster and can lead to many lucrative opportunities.
* Makes a positive impact on the community by exposing kids to STEM, and helping to expand their imaginations and wonderment.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $10.25 to $14.05 /hour
* Computer Graphics: 1 year (Preferred)
* Gaming: 1 year (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
microsoft word, communication, writing, curriculum design, e-learning, education, leadership, management, training, microsoft access, construction, fashion, materials, children, learning