Operations Intern (Water & Sustainability)
Montrose Environmental Group, Inc. in New York, NY, USA
The Montrose Water and Biogas group is a high-growth and passionate team that is dedicated to designing, engineering, constructing and operating successful projects in the water, anaerobic digestion and landfill gas markets. The group takes pride in advancing and filling the needs for better water reuse, waste treatment and renewable energy resources throughout the world. Led by a well-respected and talented team with deep experience in different focus areas, the Water and Biogas practice at Montrose has a unique advantage in the industry and is well-positioned for continued success.
We are looking to hire a part-time, summer intern who will work alongside our Senior Vice President to gain experience with managing business operations within the water reuse, waste treatment and renewable energy arena.
* Assist with reviewing and editing proposals, presentations and related materials.
* Assist with conducting industry and market research, as it relates to water reuse, waste treatment and renewable energy.
* Participate in operational discussions and client calls as requested.
* Research project-specific technologies, as it relates to wastewater, water treatment and biogas technologies, systems and operations.
* Assist with compiling newsletters and/or other marketing-related documentation.
* Conduct profit and loss (P&L) reviews and evaluations as requested.
* Maintains confidentiality at all times.
* Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
* Participates in Companys continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Currently pursuing a BA/BS in a science or business discipline
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software, Google and/or PC programs
* Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Solid organization and time/project management skills
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work independently manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
* English language competency
* Willingness and ability to travel as needed
Posted date: yesterday
sustainability, renewable energy, water management, microsoft office, microsoft word, project management, editing, marketing, energy management, english, engineering, market research, organization, leed, problem solving