Event Planing and Social Media Intern
GCUC - Austin, TX4.0
4 hours agoInternshipEstimated: $17,000 - $23,000 a year
* Bartender Experience
* Event Planning
* Mac OS
* Barista Experience
GCUC is an amazing company to work for. It's fun, vibrant, and we train and develop the sh*t out of you. We need some help managing our operations for our upcoming events this year. As a bonus you get to work out of our cool coworking community of freelancers, independent consultants, start-ups, and small businesses. The GCUC Operations Intern is part of the GCUC leadership team and reports directly to the Director of Operations, and ultimately Liz Elam, GCUCs Founder. Think of it as the Robin to the GCUC teams Batman.
Duties, Responsibilities, and other Stuff You Do at This Job:
Every GCUC intern and employee helps to foster, facilitate, and manage the GCUC community and brand. The Operations Interns handles the back end tasks that are associated with running a global conference.
We currently run conferences in:
On any given day you could be working on the website, blog, attendee profiles, sponsorship, communications or even the app. The operations and Media intern will have their hand in a number of the many components that it takes to produce an event of this scale. Other possible tasks include data entry, calendaring, ordering supplies, interfacing with vendors and the occasional social media posts. This job may include helping with marketing and sales, and any other big picture. Hey, every job has some not-so-sexy responsibilities. So there's always organizing to be done, emails to respond to and phones to be answered. The Operations and marketing intern, along with the entire GCUC leadership team, will dive into this stuff with gusto and good humor.
* You have to like people. That's a big one. Huge, even.
* You'll do really well at this job if you're self-motivated, detail-oriented, and like to work as part of a team.
* You have hospitality experience under your belt (Yes! Experience in bar tending, barista work and waiting tables is a requirement)- Appreciated but not required.
* You are a whiz with technology, even if you aren't aware of that yet. This job is about people, and our people are technologists so you are too! We are a Mac shop, so it's best if you know how to use OS X, though not required. We do expect though that you can write properly and professionally with a dose of sarcasm, browse the interwebs and do online research using The Google.
* You are comfortable and interested in social media tools. This includes Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, instagram and WordPress.
* You like events, like you REALLY like events.
* You are a creative troubleshooter who enjoys solving problems and readily find solutions to whatever traffic jams come your way.
* Multi-tasking is the name of the coworking game, so you should be able to juggle the phone, your regular tasks and the constant little things that come up by the minute with grace, thoroughness and good humor.
* You understand innately that two heads are better than one and that getting the job done goes more easily when you collaborate with others.
* You're a great communicator.
* You're a non-stop doing machine, you constantly find things to improve and get sh*t done.
* We think we're pretty interesting people, and we like to work with other interesting people. So we'll want to know what you do in life besides work.
* A sizeable personality that adds to the mix is a plus. Confidence is sexy.
This is a part-time entry professional level internship. The position is paid via stipend upon completion of the stated contract length. Start date is ASAP. Additionally, we offer great networking and mentoring. Interested? Please send us a resume, a short statement about why you think you can totally rock this job, and a couple of fun facts about you. Be sure to take a spin throughwww.gcuc.coas well. Have fun! GCUC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Internship
* Hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
* Austin, TX (Preferred)
* Other forms
* One location
* Remote/Work from home
event management, social media, event planning, facebook, hospitality, sponsorship, organization, twitter, creativity, instagram, constant contact, youtube, motivation, conferences, marketing