Apprentice Service Technician
Priority 1 Automotive Group - Cockeysville, MD2.9
13 hours agoFull-timeEstimated: $36,000 - $49,000 a year
* Mechanical Knowledge
* Retirement Plan
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
Priority 1 Automotive Group is expanding it's team of service technicians as we continue to grow!
We provide excellent benefits (health insurance, paid time off), 401k with a company match, and paid training.
These positions are reserved for career-minded individuals capable of producing quality workmanship.
Under the direction of the Service Manager or Shop Foreman, diagnose, repair and maintain vehicles in accordance with factory standards.
* Perform work as described on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
* Diagnose the cause of vehicle malfunctions, and recommend/perform appropriate repairs, fixed right the first time
* Examine vehicle to identify necessary repair or maintenance items that may not be included on the repair order, connect the three Cs: Complaint, Cause, and Correction and communicate to Service Advisor,
* Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts
* Notify Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined on repair order is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed by the time promised
* Clearly and accurately document all work performed, all notes need to be typed on the computer.
* Road test vehicles as required, or refer to the inspection technician as appropriate
* Attend and successfully complete factory training as required
* Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
* Follow warranty material disposition procedures.
* Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
* Good analytical, problem-solving, and documentation skills
* Ability to read, and comprehend instructions and information
* Basic mechanical skills and manual dexterity
* Independent Repair facility experience preferred
* Technical Institute experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
training, inspection, maintenance, automotive, vehicles, pc repair, service parts, problem solving, organization, documentation, road, hazardous materials, warranty, mechanical, manual dexterity