Social Media Intern
Sterling Courses - New York, NY
1 hour agoInternship
We are a lifestyle brand seeking a Social Media Intern to join our team in New York City immediately.
Ideal candidate lives in New York City, and is a junior or senior majoring in marketing, new media, journalism, social media, communications or a similar field.
This is a part-time unpaid internship starting immediately, roughly *20 hours* weekly. (See below breakdown of hours).
You must be well-organized with a natural tendency to see detail, and enthusiastic about social media and trends.
We're looking for a someone who can storyboard social media at least a week out, especially stories, and who can commit to filming / shooting 2-3 days a week with the owner of the company.
Do you love IG?
Do you love keeping up with the news and pop culture? Fabulous.
Do you love trying out the newest features on your favorite social media platforms? Even better.
Are you a combination of all those things? Well, why havent you applied already!
Responsibilities: You will have 3 primary social media platforms to manage: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Management of those platforms includes but is not limited to:
* Posting daily content
* Responding to every notification, DM and message
* Identifying potential partnerships and revenue opportunities through DMs & messages, etc.
* Brainstorming new ways of leveraging social media for brand growth
Weekly Hours Breakdown:
* 1 hour daily on 3 weekdays, in-person, NYC
* 15 hours virtual work (at home)
* 2-hour team meeting on Thursdays 2-4 p.m. ET.
= Total 20 hours weekly.
Please apply ASAP and please let us know if you can receive college credit for this internship!
Job Type: Internship
* College Education: 2 years (Required)
* Posting Instagram Stories and loving it!: 1 year (Required)
* Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram): 2 years (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* New York, NY (Required)
* English (Required)
* Remote/Work from home
social media, facebook, journalism, twitter, new media, instagram, web content, pop culture, marketing, management, english, brand development, cooking, education, storyboarding