Business Operations Full-time Intern - Summer 2019
Open Water - Chicago, IL
1 day agoInternshipEstimated: $27,000 - $37,000 a year
Based in Chicago, Illinois, Open Water (formerly Green Sheep Water) is a fast growing bottled water brand with a mission to fight ocean plastic pollution. We are the first company to package water in 100% recyclable aluminum bottles and cans, which are recycled more often and more efficiently than plastic, glass, and cartons. We're obsessed with building beautiful, well-crafted products that give busy, on-the-go people (lets face itthats everyone!) a convenient alternative to other bottled water choices that would end up polluting our landfills and oceans for thousands of years to come.
We are looking to grow our team with people who share our values and are looking to play an integral role on a tight-knit team who knows how to work our butts off (and still have a good time). Come join our team and help shape the future of bottled water.
This role will take on a broad range of responsibilitiesoperations, inventory management, business analytics, ecommerce management, and more! We are looking for an overachiever with unbridled passion and the desire to help support a high-growth, mission-driven company
Timeframe: Summer 2019 - Full-time. A stipend will be provided.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
What does the job entail?
Operations: Assist with scheduling shipments and monitoring shipments. Provide clear communication to the internal team as well as our customers.
Ecommerce: Helping manage online and Amazon orders. Completing reconciliations as needed.
Marketing/Press: Identify and help execute marketing and press opportunities for the company. Assist with creating press releases. Develop content for the monthly newsletter and blog.
What are the requirements/skills needed?
* Be up for anythingthis is a very hands-on, dynamic role. Some days youll be carrying boxes, others youll be brainstorming inventory strategy
* You should be driven, hungry for impact and responsibility, and able to execute with little guidance
* Youre open to learning and growing, effective at listening, persistent and creative in problem solving
* You welcome new challenges and are passionate about the environment
* You can communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
* You consistently act as a positive representative of the Green Sheep Water brand
* Ability to lift up to 15 lbs
Job Type: Internship
* Chicago, IL 60609 (Required)
* English (Required)
* United States (Required)
english, communication, problem solving, creativity, creative problem solving, general operations, marketing, strategy, inventory management, business analysis, writing, analytics, press releases, brand development, scheduling