Entertainment Writer/Gossip Blogger Intern
Gaye Magazine - Atlanta, GA
6 hours agoPart-timeEstimated: $16,000 - $22,000 a year
* High School Diploma or GED
* Writing Skills
* Organizational Skills
* AP Style
* Work From Home
(Please Read this Job Post in its Entirety)
Currently enrolled college students preferred.
This internship is unpaid, but we do offer college credits for current college students. This position is a work from home opportunity which involves monthly face to face team meetings and weekly conference calls with the Editor-in-Chief and staff.
Gaye is an American lifestyle, fashion, and entertainment online monthly magazine focused on the LGBTQIA community. Gaye magazine originated in November 2015 with the intent to reach people who have little to no voice within the community. Though primary content involves the African-American community, each publication showcases diversity to bridge the gap between all walks of life.
At Gaye , our mission is to embrace everyone everywhere to help inspire, educate, and entertain through a positive platform. The success of the magazine stems from its unique community based focus. From every writer to every reader to every feature, we aim to place rising stars in the limelight because every step forward for one is a step forward for all.
Entertainment Writer/Content Creator Overview
Candidates will be able to choose to write for any of the following columns: News & Politics, Lifestyle, Fashion, or Entertainment.
This position is for writers interested in writing for our Entertainment column. All stories are preferred to relate in some way to the LGBT community. Below are the types of stories and content entertainment writers usually create. Examples provided include but are not limited to those suggested.
1.LGBT Celebrity News/Gossip (Birthdays, Deaths, Accomplishments, etc..)
4.Award Show Coverage
6.Viral Celebrity Videos and Instagram/Twitter Posts
Gaye is currently functioning as an online Blogazine, which is a mixture of a blog and a magazine. This concept involves our unique formula of funneling in readers by infusing an online community forum through blog style writing and social media posts with exclusive features presented in high quality within our digital monthly issues.
Gaye is working to re-brand our content in efforts to engage more readers and obtain a bigger following. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual who will enjoy being committed to writing articles and posting social media content about LGBT news, trending topics, and celebrities on a consistent basis. By joining the Gaye team you will not only be embarking on a journey towards professional growth, you will also be contributing to help shape a more unified and informed society.
Job Requirements (Include, but not limited to):
Writers will choose from any of the following columns: News & Politics, Lifestyle, Fashion, or Entertainment.
1. Contribute 20-25 hours per week writing daily articles to be published on Gayes social media pages and website.
2. Research content about LGBT celebrities and scout social media for trending topics in order to share and create content for Instagram feed through the hours of 9 am 11 pm Monday - Saturday.
3. Writers are encouraged to promote their articles published on Gaye through their personal social media accounts. Articles will be credited accordingly. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
4. Actively engage and communicate with the Gaye team through email, group chat, weekly conference calls, and monthly team meetings.
5. Writers may be required to interview possible features and attend events to write articles for their column.
6. Create eye-catching headlines without resorting to click-bait.
7. Experiment with new ways of storytelling through multimedia
8. Execute calmly in a breaking news environment
9. Write entertainment stories that align with Gayes voice and audience
10. Take constructive criticism from experienced editors
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
1. Currently living in Atlanta, GA with reliable transportation.
2. Well versed in LGBT culture and knowledgeable of LGBT celebrities.
3. Strong interest in blogging, writing and publishing content for the LGBT community and pop culture.
4. Adept to mobile technology, extremely active on social media and always ready to report on the latest news and gossip.
5. Extraordinary ability to demonstrate creativity within articles and social media content.
6. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
7. Familiarity with writing in AP style.
8. Reliable, trustworthy, and ethical
9. Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
For an idea on the type of content we post, please visit our Instagram Page @gayemagazine
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
* Journalism/Writing: 2 years (Required)
* Celebrity Gossip Blogging: 1 year (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Atlanta, GA (Required)
* Evening (Required)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
social media, blogging, writing, facebook, journalism, web content, publishing, storytelling, magazine management, twitter, ap style, entertainment, politics, instagram, multimedia