# Catastrophe Management - Intern
Chubb is the worlds largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer.
With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal
property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health
insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Our summer internship program offers the chance to have practical, real world
experience at one of the worlds leading P&C insurance companies. As a
part of the program, you will have the opportunity to work on business
specific projects where you will gain knowledge and experience to supplement
and strengthen your academic skills. For those who excel in the program, we
would welcome the opportunity to discuss full-time employment opportunities at
Chubb after graduation.
Catastrophe management intern will have the opportunity to receieve business
and technical training by working alongside the catastrophe management team to
help analyze and quantify Chubbs Personal Lines property and recreational
marine exposure to the North American catastrophic perils such as Hurricane,
Earthquake, Severe Convective Storm, Terrorism, Flood and Wildfires. Such
analyses require creating datasets from various data sources, performing
analyses using various tools and communicating results and recommendations to
the catastrophe manager.
* Research and obtain weather and climate data from various government and private sources. Update and maintain internal databases suitable for catastrophe management, make recommendations regarding data accuracy and completeness.
* Analyze effects of the past meteorological events on the frequency and severity of property insurance claims. Provide summary of the findings in a concise report at the end of the internship.
* Assist the catastrophe manager with various geospatial analytics projects.
* Assist the catastrophe modeling team with improving quality of the modeling datasets.
* Conduct meteorology related analyses on a regular and adhoc basis.
* Progress of at least two academic years toward a bachelors degree (or equivalent) in meteorology, mathematics, geography, engineering, or other like areas of study.
* At least medium level skills with manipulating large complex datasets including knowledge of SQL, MS Excel and Access products.
* Strong technical and problem solving skills to respond to new challenges.
* Strong organizational skills, with an ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet scheduled due dates.
* Knowledge of geospatial products and techniques is a plus.
**_Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success._**
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits
package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement
savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending
accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are
committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and
regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training,
compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment,
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or
marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Primary Location: **
**Work Locations: **Whitehouse Station - A
**Job: **Risk Management
**Organization: **The Chubb Corporation
**Job Posting: **May 22, 2019, 1:42:52 PM
event management, microsoft excel, microsoft word, research, organization, teamwork, problem solving, scheduling, work well independently, promotion, competitive, stock, microsoft access, time management, communication