Vanguard#39;s College to Corporate Internship Program: Business - PA
Malvern, PA/en-US/vanguard_external/job/Malvern-PA/Vanguard-s-College-to-Corporate-Internship-Program--Business_124881/applyTake a stand for investors
Vanguards College to Corporate Internship Program for Business is an immersive, hands-on experience at one of the worlds leading investment firms. Leading a key assignment, this is a unique opportunity that will prepare you to navigate a future career in leadership. Here, you will gain real-world experiences as you advance our mission and stand up for over twenty million investors, worldwide. Make it count.
In this internship program you will:
* Develop a broad understanding of our business as well as gain deep insights into the department in which you are pursuing your project work, whether its Marketing, Client Service, Personal Advisory Services, Risk Management or beyond. Your assignment will draw upon your experiences and interests as well as meets our business needs
* Practice key skills that demonstrate how creative thinking, technology, analysis and problem-solving drive success in a major corporation
* Gain confidence in navigating the ambiguities of the industry as you identify problems, recommend solutions and improve how the business functions
* Meet regularly with your department manager and internship program and others and receive personalized coaching and mentorship
* Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of dedicated professionals working to do whats right for the investor
Kickstart a career that counts
Do you have a natural ability to lead and positively influence others? Your drive and willingness to take initiative makes you the applicant for the College to Corporate Internship Program for Business. This is a chance to develop your potential as a confident, capable and engaging leader under the guidance of top industry leadership.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position, including one of the Vanguard rotational programs. These opportunities are designed to provide a broad work-training experience prior to launching into your specific role.
What it takes
* Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred, with all majors considered
* Aspiration for leadership highly desirable
* Effective leadership, communication, social and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative
* Results oriented with the ability to lead multiple priorities
* A commitment to strengthening communities by donating your time and talent
* At this time Vanguard is only considering candidates that will not now, or in the future, need sponsorship or other immigration support to obtain US work authorization
* This program is a full-time, paid summer internship
* The start date for this program will be May/June 2020
* Acceptance into the program is contingent upon a successful drug-screening result
We are Vanguard. Together, were changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesnt just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose and thats how weve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Lets make it count.
Vanguards continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: Do the right thing.
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguards core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Posted TodayFull time124881
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies, serves individual investors, institutions, employer-sponsored retirement plans, and financial professionals. We have a diverse and talented crew with a culture that promotes teamwork, along with an unwavering focus on serving our clients' best interests.
microsoft word, teamwork, communication, problem solving, creativity, leadership, training, marketing, analysis, coaching, risk management, policy, talent acquisition, investing, career development