Coordinator of Event Management & Equipment Services Internship - HigherEdJobs
Skip to main content
* Job Search
* Region/Metro Area
* Four-Year Institutions
* Community Colleges
* Institutional Profiles
* Dual Career
* Today's Jobs
* Advanced Search
* My Account
* Account Home
* Job Agents
* Other Documents
* Account Information
* Sign In
* News & Resources
* Career News
* Higher Ed Careers
* Author in Residence
* Employment Report
* News Releases
* Career Resources
* Salary Data
* Job Search Advice
* Resume/CV Writing
* Diversity Resources
* Employer Home
* Post a Single Job
* Job Packs
* Unlimited Postings
* All Products
* Pay Your Invoice
* Sign In
* Job Listings
* Job Detail
Coordinator of Event Management & Equipment Services Internship
Alfred State College
Admin - Athletics and Coaching
Nestled in a beautiful valley in the Southern Tier of New York, Alfred State has a long tradition of drawing the best faculty and staff from every field. This College of Technology offers outstanding opportunities in more than 70 majors, where project-based learning, sustainability, and civic engagement are cornerstones of the curricula. When students work on real-world problems, they learn how to think, not what to think, and they learn how to be involved in their community. That is why Alfred State graduates have a 99 percent employment and transfer rate.
Our faculty is dedicated to teaching and the academic success of our students. Alfred State seeks educators who are student-centered and engage in the life of the College. Our tenure process emphasizes teaching and university service with a more flexible approach to scholarship and professional growth.
NCAA Ethnic Minority and Women's Internship. Paid Internship Opportunity: The Alfred State Department of Athletics seeks a motivated individual to serve as our Coordinator of Event Management and Equipment Services. This is a two-year internship funded primarily through the NCAA Division III Ethic Minorities and Women's Internship Grant Program. This individual will assist the department with a wide variety of tasks including operations, game management, and equipment room. This individual will also accompany the Director of Athletics and Associate Director / SWA to NCAA and AMCC conference meetings.
* Manage the issuance, maintenance and upkeep as well as monitor repairs for all equipment. Work directly with coaches of our 19-varsity sport programs to coordinate equipment and apparel purchase required for practice and competition. Supervision of student employees. (20%)
* Manage the daily maintenance and general operations of the Orvis Activities Center. Develop and implement policies and procedures for the facilities operation, including forecasting planned maintenance for equipment. Manage the daily operations of the equipment room. Ensure each area operates in a clean, efficient and effective manner. Work closely with the facility managers and equipment room manager. (20%)
* Assist the Assistant Director of Athletics/Media Relations with coverage on game days. Manage set up for athletic competitions and practices. (20%)
* Responsible for developing and managing the process for laundry services for athletic teams as needed. Manage the distribution of clean laundry to student-athletes, staff and coaches. Ensure team equipment and apparel is laundered to the correct specifications and health standards on a daily basis. (15%)
* Serve as a member of the department's operations and event management group, which is comprised of: AD, Associate AD, Assistant AD, facilities managers, and event staff. Hire, train, and supervise student workers for equipment room and events. Develop a comprehensive plan to recruit and retain student workers and designate assignments for practicum students. Serves as the point person for coordinating halftime events and promotions (10%)
* Work with appropriate department staff members to assist with planning for the Hall of Fame event, Homecoming, Special Olympics Spectacular, Fundraising Activities, and Athletic Banquet. (10%)
* Attend the following meetings: Event Management (weekly); Departmental Meetings (monthly); Student Affairs Meetings (bi-monthly); and AMCC Conference Meetings (bi-monthly). (5%)
About Alfred State College:
Alfred State College is committed to diversity and inclusion. The athletic department's goals to broaden recruiting efforts to increase staff diversity on campus align well with institutional goals and our college wide strategic plan. We are dedicated to enhancing our diverse community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, and women to apply. We take pride in our community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Salary & Benefits
Salary for this grant-funded position is $23,660 annually for 10 months, plus on campus housing, meal plan, is eligible for SUNY benefits (medical, dental, etc.), including tuition benefits, and $3,000 in professional development funds.
* Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in education and experience
* Strong self-initiative and ability to multitask
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Aptitude for collaborating with others, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with staff, coaches, administrators, and campus colleagues
* Ability to exercise sound independent judgment
* Night and weekend hours
* Valid driver's license required
* Master's degree
* Degree in sports management, marketing, communications, operations management, or similar field
* Familiarity with NCAA Division III regulations
Pursuant to University policy, Alfred State College is committed to ensuring equal employment, education opportunity, and equal access to services, programs, and activities without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, gender characteristics, marital status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or ex-offender status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the University community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely based upon a protected characteristic.
All applicants are subject to a criminal, employment, and educational background check.
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for the College at http://www.alfredstate.edu/university-police/annual-security-and-fire-safety-report. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the SUNY Alfred State College University Police Department at 607-587-3999.
All applicants must upload a letter of interest and resume.
event management, fundraising, communication, sports management, organization, media relations, athletics, motivation, banquet operations, marketing, microsoft word, strategic planning, teaching, coaching, retail