Intern: Mobile Application Developer at NEC Corporation of America
Posted in Software about 8 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Clara, California
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc. (NECECT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation. The company develops and supports a wide range of solutions, including Unified Communications, Software-defined networking, Video Analytics and IoT.
We are looking for a qualified intern to join our team for 2019 Summer. NECECT group conducts many project-based activities and we are looking an intern who can participate in various stages of the preparation for NEC Software Development by experiencing actual business activities. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced multi-national team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of IT solutions.
Great chance to learn Mobile Application Development.
- Learn how infrastructure as a code works in the large scaled application development
- Learn how to write a user story and understand how to work mobule application development.
- Use your coding expertise to turn your algorithm to efficient, cross-platform portable code which will run on a variety of different platforms.
- Work closely with software developer, DevOps engineer, architect and engineering management.
- Attend daily stand up meeting and several necessary meetings.
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Your primary focus will be leaarning development of mobile apps and their integration with REST API.
- You will be working alongside our team on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Collaborate closely with designers and backend developers to ensure high quality builds of visual designs.
- Experience interacting with external APIs and data sources.
- Learn how engineers and developmers design and build applications for the mobile application.
- Learn how engineers and developmers translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Learn how engineers and developmers design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Learn how engineers and developmers ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Learn how engineers and developmers identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Great communication (written & oral) and team work skills, detail oriented, efficient learners
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field with a excellent GPA-
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate then into technical requirements.
- Android/iOS or React Native experience is big plus.
Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, Team Work & Self Motivated. Experience in Application development is required, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
- 4 hours/day x 5 days/week = 20 hours/week. MAX 3 months
java, software development, android, algorithm development, computer science, mobile applications, rest, ios, restful web services, application development, mobile application development, devops, apis, cross-platform development, teamwork