Help Desk Intern (Part Time)
Corporate Services - Information Technology Detroit, Michigan
Help Desk Intern (Part Time)
In this junior role on AlixPartners Corporate Services Information Technology team, a successful Help Desk Technician Intern will assist in the support of approximately 2000 employees in a 1st line support role. This involves providing phone, email, and in-person support on all technical matters that come into the Help Desk. The candidate will work as part of a growing team. Clear communication, teamwork and professionalism are key core values that this candidate would need to display. Strong customer services skills and attention to detail will aid the candidate in being successful in the role.
The Help Desk Intern (known internally as Service Desk Intern) is a part-time role located in Southfield, Michigan, reporting to the Lead Support Engineer. Paid relocation is not available.
Role is approximately 20 24 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
* Answer and respond to phone calls made into the Help Desk
* Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems for staff using IT equipment
* Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone or by email
* Provision laptop PC builds
* Administer mobile technology (not limited to) iOS and Mobile Iron
* Maintain and ensure accuracy of all asset information for all PCs, printers, mobile phones, monitors and defined peripherals
* Identify issues and escalate to other members of the team or IT group as appropriate
* Create documentation to assist in day-to-day Help Desk work (knowledge bases etc.)
* Additional duties as identified
* Actively enrolled in or recently completed an IT related program
* Interest in Microsoft applications and operating systems (Windows 7)
* Desktop and laptop PCs, printers and networking knowledge; knowledge of iOS
* Highly effective interpersonal skills
* Dependable with strong customer service skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Good planning and organizational skills with high level attention to detail
* Tolerant of high stress situations in a fast-paced environment
* Willing to learn and adaptable with a can do attitude
* Fluent in English; other languages useful
* Must be able to work in an office environment and be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
AlixPartners is a results-driven global consulting firm that specializes in helping businesses successfully address their most complex and critical challenges. www.alixpartners.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
microsoft windows, microsoft windows 7, teamwork, operating systems, information technology, laptops, printers, ios, service desk, customer service, english, spanish, consulting, organization, documentation