Nurse Intern - Stroke and Brain Unit - PRN at Research Medical Center
Posted in Other about 14 hours ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
We are seeking a NURSE INTERN to join our Stroke and Brain Unit at RESEARCH MEDICAL CENTER.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Under direct supervision of the Manager and close direction of a registered nurse, administers patient care and related activities, services and/or procedures to promote the physical and emotional health and personal comfort needs for assigned patients.
* Delivery of patient care includes data collection, documentation, communication and implementation of patient care interventions in accordance with state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standards.
* High School diploma or equivalent or successful completion of accredited CNA VO Tech or High School program required. Successful completion of CNA program or proof of having nurse assistant training/experience required. Senior in accredited school of nursing with completion of fundamentals of nursing.
* Excellent interpersonal skills required.
* Must be a Junior year student of an accredited school of nursing.
* BLS certification required upon hire and maintained.
* Experience may be obtained through a Basic Fundamentals of Nursing course at an accredited school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
For additional information, please contact Johna Koelzer at 816-401-3382 or Johna.Koelzer@hcahealthcare.com.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
healthcare, bls, acute care, microsoft excel, leadership, training, organization, compassionate, patient care, certified nursing assistant, nursing practice, clinical, stroke, health, medical research