Madison, WI, USA
Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 10th Year in a Row - 2019 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
The Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the Pay-It-Forward Project the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
In this role you will:
* Under direct supervision of professional staff, provides entry-level professional support services in a specialty field, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the department
* Assists in the planning and implementation of assigned projects
* Participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization
* Uses acquired knowledge and skills to carry out and complete project activities
* Attend staff meetings and serve on project teams as required
* Maintain knowledge and ensure the protection of hardware/software system security policies, practices and requirements
* Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and procedures
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work with clients of all levels to obtain necessary information
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Assist with Legal Department contract-related project involving the review and identification of particular contract provisions and entry of information into contract management system
* Assist with updating process and procedure documentation
* Assist with research on various legal topics as requested by Corporate Attorneys or other Legal Department Staff
You should have:
* Currently pursuing a degree in higher education or recent graduate of high education
* Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Bachelors degree and currently pursuing (or completed) a Juris Doctor degree at an accredited law school with completion of 1 or more years
In addition, we prefer:
* Experience or strong interest in contract-related work
This is a great opportunity for a current law school student or recent law school graduate to get experience working in a Corporate Legal Department. WPS is currently looking for a Legal Intern to work on a contract-related project involving the review of contracts, identification of specific terms, and entry of information into WPSs contract management system.
research, legal contract review, law, attorneys, written and verbal communication, written communication, microsoft office, microsoft excel, microsoft word, leadership, microsoft outlook, training, higher education, organization, security