INTERN - WATCHES, NEW YORK
Christies, the worlds largest Art Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this over 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Respect, Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation. Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
Christie's is currently accepting applications for our 18-week paid Internship program that will expose individuals to the art world and auction industry through hands-on experience.
Fall Internship Dates: August 20th, 2019 December 21st, 2019
All full-time positions require a commitment of approximately 40 hours per week
Please be mindful of your schedule and/or course load before applying for an internship.
The Watch department at Christie's is currently accepting applications for the Fall Internship program. Working with the watch department will provide exposure to the auction business as well as opportunities to interact with international specialists and clients. Successful Christies applicants should have a strong desire to learn about the auction business and have a strong interest in watches and/or the luxury industry.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
* Providing support to sale coordinators and specialists
* Providing administrative support to the watch department
* Assisting with sale preview setups
* Maintaining and updating Christie's internal systems
* Conduct industry research and collate competitive data
* Directing internal and external inquires as requested
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication
* Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Ability to learn Christies systems
* Highly collaborative nature
* Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Superior client service skills
* Knowledge of watches preferred but not required
* Candidates must be undergraduate students, masters students, or within one year of graduation from University; either undergraduate or masters
* All candidates must be available for the entirety of the internship and should prepare for their schedules for the time and workload commitment
* All applicants must apply online through Christies.com and complete the application titled Fall 2019 Internship Full-Time or Fall 2019 Internship Part-Time
International individuals may apply for a U.S. internship as long as they have the necessary visa status. Christies does not sponsor visas for any candidate for our internship program.
Eligibility: All candidates must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete), as Christies does not sponsor visas for entry level positions. Selected international students must be in possession of the following documents prior to their start date.
For students covered under CPT:
1. Foreign passport
2. I-94 Form
4. I-20 Form
For students covered under OPT:
1. Foreign passport
2. I-94 Form
4. Employment Authorization Card
5. I-20 Form confirming their OPT
6. Social Security Card
When applying for this internship please be sure to apply to the correct posting, either Full-Time or Part-Time based on your semesters availability.
Closing Date: Monday, June 24th
microsoft powerpoint, microsoft word, teamwork, communication, organization, microsoft office, microsoft excel, sales, editing, microsoft outlook, interpersonal, nature, focus, willingness to learn, international students