Michter's Distillery, LLC - Louisville, KY
15 hours agoPart-timeEstimated: $26,000 - $37,000 a year
* Organizational Skills
* Microsoft Word
* Accrual Accounting
Michters Distillery (the Company) is a Louisville, Kentucky based distillery that produces fine quality aged whiskey. Michters has a rich and abundant history, dating back to 1753. The distillery in Louisville, Kentucky carries on the Michters legacy.
Michters Distillery is seeking an Accounting Intern for our distillery located at 2531 New Millennium Drive, Louisville, KY 40216. This will be an opportunity to become involved in the bourbon industry, one of Kentuckys finest traditions. This position will report to the Senior Accountant and perform a wide range of activities, including inventory audits, accounts payable, general accounting functions, administrative and office support activities for the Company to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Primary Job Tasks and Responsibilities
* Assist in physical inventory counts, reconciling count to general ledger
* Assist with yearend audit, spot checking inventory in multiple warehouses
* Create system to organize certificate of insurance documents and other vendor contracts for easy reference for accounting team
* Update standard operating procedures for accounting tasks
* Gather and organize required documentation such as receipts, invoices, proof of deliveries, and purchase orders for accounts payable on a weekly basis
* Ensure invoices and other documents are properly sorted, scanned and filed
* Printing and organizing Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau monthly reports
* Some back-up clerical responsibility including answering phones, photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing and other duties as needed
Education and Experience
* Completed or working towards a bachelors degree in accounting or related field
* Ability to work 15 -20 hours per week
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Able to work proficiently with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Knowledge of general accounting practices including accrual accounting
* Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
* Must have attention to detail and accuracy.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment.
* Ability to be flexible daily to meet the needs of the business.
* Ability to embrace change and adapt quickly.
* Ability to prioritize tasks.
* Must have good organizational skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Hours per week:
microsoft excel, accounting, microsoft word, auditing, accounts payable, general ledger, organization, accruals, filing, accounts payable & receivable, attention to detail, clerical, purchase orders, written and verbal communication, reporting