Intern-Software Development at Healthstream Inc.
Posted in Health Care about 4 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
The internship program at HealthStream will enable you to grow personally and professionally by providing you with real-world experience in one of the top healthcare IT companies in the United States. In the HealthStream Intern Program (HIP), you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a collaborative environment.
As a Software Development intern, you will focus on areas of server infrastructure, information security, software network administration, data analysis, and programming, including cloud computing and microservices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with Management Information Systems Department on the following tasks:
* Codes, debugs, documents, deploys and maintains new software programs in a highly efficient and effective manner
* Maintains and modifies existing applications
* Fixed defects found in testing
* May work with and modify packaged applications
* May build and/or use components
* Participates in problem analysis and system design as requested
* In the absence of an application architect or on projects that are less complex, gathers customer requirements and specifies functionality
* Participates in the cost and time estimation process of projects
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Undergraduate student enrolled at an accredited university or college, studying Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
* Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
2. SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Tech stacks include Microsoft, .Net, SQL, Python, Aurora, S3
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Analytical mindset
* Problem solver
* Able to participate as an active team member
* Able to work up to 40 hours per week for the summer of 2019
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law.
sql, python, programming, software development, computer science, microsoft office, .net, testing, microsoft powerpoint, microsoft excel, microsoft word, data analysis, cloud computing, amazon s3, microservices