KGO-TV/ABC7 - Public Affairs Internship - Fall 2019
Disney in San Francisco, CA, USA
Job Posting Title: KGO-TV/ABC7 - Public Affairs Internship - Fall 2019
Job Description: ABC7 (KGO-TV) is the #1 source for breaking news, weather, sports and more around the San Francisco Bay Area.
We want to help make our region an even better place to live. So we dedicate more time, resources, and reporting to the major stories that impact your quality of life. From housing, to schools, and frustrating commutes, ABC7's goal is to bring you greater perspective on the challenges facing our neighborhoods right now. We promise to dig deeper and find solutions to help Build a Better Bay Area.
The Marketing/Community Engagement intern is part of KGO-TV's College Student Program. The intern will learn aspects of broadcast television and digital production skills, with a focus on video, audio, photography, writing and design for marketing, community engagement, and news content.
You'll work with other teams on various projects throughout the internship, including News, Programming, Sales, and President/General Manager's office.
You'll also respond to public requests
Req ID: 673793BR
City: San Francisco
Job Type: Temporary/Seasonal
Country / Region: US
Segment: Media Networks
Internship Program Subtype: Professional Internship
Additional Information: We are dedicated to representing the diverse communities we serve, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes. As an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate candidates based on talents, skills, and knowledge
What is Offered
* San Francisco Minimum Wage, Sick Leave Ordinance
* Work schedule that complements your academic course schedule
* One-Day Disneyland Park Hopper passes based on cumulative hours worked
Category: Production and Programming
* Bring your enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism every day.
* Be able to work collaboratively and independently.
* Creating content on variety of social media platforms.
* Passion for storytelling.
* Ability to engage an audience, both in person and on digital platforms.
* Video production and editing skills preferred.
Business: Walt Disney Television
* All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
* All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
* All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class - OR - be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
* All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
* All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
Postal Code: 94111
* During first 30 days: Learn and connect. Understand the company's mission and learn the production workflow in order to contribute to content creation.
* By month three: Support content producers, assist on shoots and events, write copy for digital platforms.
* By month six: Produce content with supervision, identify areas where you could bring a fresh perspective.
Company Overview: The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted date: today
social media, editing, storytelling, writing, broadcasting, video production, photography, breaking news, broadcast television, event management, web content, camera, producing, entertainment, television production